1. a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love.
love, esp. when sentimental or idealized.
synonyms: love, passion, ardor, adoration, devotion
an exciting, enjoyable love affair, esp. one that is not serious or long-lasting.
synonyms: love affair, relationship, liaison, courtship, attachment; flirtation, dalliance
2. a quality or feeling of mystery, excitement, and remoteness from everyday life.
wild exaggeration; picturesque falsehood.
1. court; woo, chase, pursue.
informal: seek the attention or patronage of (someone), esp. by use of flattery
engage in a love affair
2. another term for romanticize
1. a period of reflection or thought
1. throw or hurl forcefully
1. a short period of enjoyment or wild behavior
1. reciprocal action or influence.
physics: a particular way in which matter, fields, and atomic and subatomic particles affect one another, e.g., through gravitation or electromagnetism.
1. a set of circumstances in which one finds oneself; a state of affairs.
2. the location and surroundings of a place.
3. formal: a position of employment; a job.
1. the action, process, or result of arranging or being arranged.
a thing that has been arranged in a neat or attractive way
2. plans or preparations for a future event.
an agreement with someone
1. relaxed and unconcerned.
2. not regular or permanent, in particular.
1. a person who does something irregularly.
2. clothes or shoes suitable for everyday wear rather than formal occasions.